Attention International Professionals:
Do You Wonder Why Americans Don’t always Understand You When You’re Speaking English?
- Are you frustrated that people are always asking you to repeat yourself?
- Are you tired of people asking you where you are from, instead of listening to what you have to say?
- Do your colleagues lose interest or ‘switch off’ when you’re talking to them?
- Are you sick of getting noticed only because of the way you sound?
What No One is Telling You About the American Accent
You know all too well that speaking American English with a foreign accent often creates breakdowns in communication. When people fail to understand you, conversations and negotiations fall apart. Even routine tasks such as answering the phone or giving directions can become painful to complete.
Spoken American English sounds and speech patterns, commonly known as the American accent, is not specifically taught in typical English language programs. The reason why you do not sound like an American would when you speak English is simply because no one has ever told you what you needed to do. As a result, most non-native American English speakers lack the awareness and knowledge of how to successfully improve their American accent and pronunciation.
Now, Unlock Your Capacity For Successful American Communication
By learning to recognize and change the sounds and patterns that you unconsciously transfer from your own language to English, you can learn to speak in a way that will allow American listeners to understand you more easily.
The 5 Secret Keys to Communication Success
Join us for this 8-session online training course where you will learn the 5 American accent "secrets" that no one has told you about. These five keys will help you understand how to communicate more clearly, effectively and professionally in the North American workplace.
Next ClassDate to be announced...
Get notified when registration opens
We value your privacy and would never spam you
- Session 1 – Why Do I Have an Accent When I Speak American English
- Session 2 – How To Speak Like a Native
- Session 3 – Why the Brain Doubts a Foreign Accent
- Session 4 – What Does a Successful CEO Sound Like?
- Session 5 – The Sound of Your Voice Speaks Volumes
- Session 6 – American Responses to Foreign Accented Speech
- Session 7 – Putting it All Together (Part 1)
- Session 8 – Putting it All Together (Part 2)
What You will Learn:
- What Americans think about accents (it's not what you think!)
- The secret formula for speaking with the right pace
- The effective strategy for asking questions correctly (there's more than one way!)
- A proven technique you can use to make yourself understood the first time when you say any word
- The secret to making friendly small talk that will allow you to immediately "connect" with Americans
- How to avoid accent related grammatical errors
- The underlying fundamentals successful American CEO's use to communicate in a way that inspires confidence & trust
- How to put all these key principles to work for you in your daily life
Unlock Your American Accent: 5 Secret Keys to Communication Success
What You Gain
After this class, you will know how to: Ask questions clearly and effectively, Speak clearly over the phone, Make small talk with colleagues and clients, Connect in a way that builds trust and inclusiveness, & Clear up any communication breakdowns.
Attend from Anywhere
Attend the webinar from your desktop or mobile device from anywhere in the world. Connect by phone or Internet from any browser, or download the app to your Apple or Android phone.
Learning Resources Provided
Weekly webinars run between 60-90 minutes. A recording of each class will be made available for your review and practice after each session. All homework assignments and learning materials will be delivered to you electronically.
About Your Trainer
Susan Ryan is an American accent specialist and communication coach at ConfidentVoice.com. She is the author of American Accent Fundamentals and creator of the American Accent for IT Professionals course on Udemy. Since 2007, she has helped engineers, scientists, IT professionals, accountants, doctors and professors improve their American Accent and speak American English more clearly and confidently. Susan looks forward to teaching, guiding and partnering with you in achieving your communication goals.
100% Satisfaction Guranteed
We are dedicated to the success of our students and clients. Take a full 21 days to go through the course, learn the strategies and put them to use in your life. If you are unhappy for any reason during this time, let us know and we will issue a prompt and full refund.
Time Tested and Proven
Trusted by our clients at these organizations
You've helped me unlock the code for speaking American English. J.K., Entrepreneur, Washington
I am getting more and more confidence and hardly hearing people say "what, can you please repeat?". Thank you for making it happen! V.B., Vice President, Boise, ID
I feel that my verbal communication skills have improved dramatically. A.M., Project Manager, Washington DC
Amazing...This was a great investment! Y.Z., Software Developer, Washington DC